Monday, September 21, 2009

I am HOME!!


On Sunday my white counts were high enough to let me go home and my doctor was happy to discharge me. I was getting 2 shots a day to make my white count go up and it worked! I can sure feel this working by my bones and body are aching.Normally i end up being neutropenic and stuck in the hospital but that did not happen this round!! I am so happy to be home. I cried alot yesterday in the hospital because i just was realizing that i am not going back in again for any treatment. I am done with chemo... wow!! Also i love all the night and day nurses on that floor. They are so amazing, loving, and helpful. I will keep in touch with all of them. As much as i went through the past 6 months i was able to stay so strong and positive because of all the support i had from my doctors, nurses and you all!!

I now have a lot to do the next 3 weeks. This week i have to go into the cancer day hospital to get white blood cell shots for the next 3 days. Then i have to get my blood checked a couple times this week. Next week i will have an appointment to see Dr. Mahdavi to get orders for my scans which are brain mri, ct scan of chest abd and pelvic, pet scan, and muga scan. This is going to be fun to do them all next week!! After that i will finally see him to look over all the results. That will give me anxiety for sure. I also will be seeing Dr. Duma my brain doctor to figure out what is next. Once i see him i will let you all know what we decide. I am still taking Keppra which is anti seizure medication. I have never had one in my life but this is something that he wants me to take. Also when i am done with both doctor appointments and scans i will be going to U.C.L.A to see my two other brain and sarcoma doctors to get their opinion. Ahhhh this will all happen like i said in the next 3 weeks! As the days go by i will update you all with all my good news!!! Thanks again for all your support! I am so happy and impressed that i am staying strong!! Everyday i tear with joy! Can not believe i conquered this again!! Im a warrior!!! BELIEVE xoxo!

2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE AMAZING, NAE.
    I am so proud of you! So fortunate to know and have you in my life!! I believe!!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee- glad you are home and have been thinking about you!! i'll be down there at least once a week for the next few weeks, so maybe i can return the favor and bring you lunch. I'll give you a call and if you're up for it we can have lunch!

    kim (your hospital buddy!

    ReplyDelete