Saturday, January 2, 2010

Update - January 2nd


I saw my scan today and the tumor has taken over my whole left lung along with the pneumonia. It is now approximately 10 x 12cm. so I am not getting any oxygen in that lung at all.

Last night a new doctor came in and went over all of my choices. He is a surgeon and wants to put in a stint (basically a straw-like device that will allow me to get some oxygen in my lung) in to help be breath while I fight the pneumonia and then remove my left lung. After speaking with all of the rest of my doctors, we have decided to continue with my anti-biotic to fight the pneumonia and go with the plan from my new doctor.

Also, my good friend John Fowler went into ICU. I am worried about him and wishing he was feeling better. Keep believing!!

Renee


No comments:

Post a Comment