Sunday, December 6, 2009

It all comes back..


Got admitted into Hoag around 4 pm on Friday. Started to prep me up with a bunch of different pills and shots. They gave me my temador to start off ,which is my pill formed chemo. Then around 12 a.m is when we started the new chemo, irinotecan, which ran for 1 1/2 hours. I could not sleep cause i was so anxious on seeing how this chemo will affect me. Around 6 am on sat morning is when i started getting sick. I was so weak because i was vomiting for hours. I was not feeling well at all and it all came back to me. It has been years since i have got sick like that with the treatment. I did stop getting sick in the afternoon which was great. Finally ate something easy to digest and then i was able to rest. This morning Dr. Mahdavi let me go home cause if i stayed any longer my insurance would not pay for it. Both of these treatments are out patient and i was put in just to monitor my first session. Now tomorrow i need to work around my insurance companies to see if they will help me with the pill formed chemo. it is crazy how expensive they are!! I have 2 more days to take it and they will still charge me 945.00! Wow. It will all work out! Tomorrow i also get Brain MRI to check up on the 5 week ago craniotomy!! Time goes by so fast. Thank you all again for your support! Believe

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, Renee, it is so wrong that you even have to think about insurance stuff right now! I hope you start to feel better. We are all thinking of you. You are fierce!

    ReplyDelete