Monday, December 21, 2009

Home Sweet Hoag

I'm back at lovely Hoag for some more chemo!!!

This morning I went to Dr. Mahdavi's to review my scans that were taken last week and he felt that we needed to change the regimen for my chemo. It appears that the lung tumor has grown and has not been responding to the chemo we tried a couple of weeks ago. We only used the chemo one time, but Mahdavi feels strongly it is not reacting to the chemo.

So...we are going to try another regimen of chemo, but I am worried because it is the same chemo I did in 2006 for my right lung tumor and it did not work then. I am going to talk to him more about this later today (hopefully), once I get settled into my room.

The scan also showed that I have a paralyzed vocal chord. This explains why my voice is very weak and it's hard to breathe. I am also in a lot pain. They are going to do more tests on my vocal chords to see if there is anything they can do to prevent further damage and hopefully reverse what has already occurred. I'm hoping now that I am back at Hoag, I will be able to get better pain medication and they will keep me more comfortable. They are also going to give me breathing treatments to help me breathe easier.

So in a nut shell...I'm back at Hoag for new chemo, pain management, breathing treatments, and tests on my paralyzed vocal chord. Yipee!

Please text or email me if you are wanting to come by and see me at Hoag. I'm very weak and I need to get some rest while here.

Hopefully it's a quick visit and I will be home for Christmas. :-)

Y.O.L.O

No comments:

Post a Comment