Monday, October 26, 2009

Sunday Funday

I've been experiencing a lot of pain with both my lung and my pressure headaches, so when I woke up Sunday morning I called my doctor. He suggested that I go to the ER and get something for the pain. I spent the afternoon in the ER at Hoag and was admitted up to the 8th floor. I am now getting steroids and pain medication (Dilaudid) which is helping a lot. The steroids are working for both the lung and the brain swelling to reduce the pain. The doctors want me to relax and be ready for the big day tomorrow.

I was scheduled for the PET Scan today (Monday), but I don't think that I will be having it because I have now been admitted into the hospital and the machine is not on-site at the hospital.

I'm very proud of myself that I called my doctors and recognized my pain level rather than pushing myself to ignore it. The medications are already helping with both my lung pain and my headaches.

Tomorrow is a big day...I will update my blog and keep everyone posted on my recovery.

Believe...Y.O.L.O

1 comment: