Tuesday, October 20, 2009

MRI Results

Renee is dictating to me (Sabrina) about today's experience...

I started this morning with getting my blood taken at Dr. Mahdavi's. My blood results were good. So, I headed down to get my brain MRI. Immediately after the MRI I went to Dr. Duma to go over the results from the scan. Dr. Duma's facial expression was pure shock...he realized the changes were significant. Right away he scheduled me for brain surgery, Tuesday, October 27th. Dr. Duma is going to be taking the left side of my brain out - a craniotomy. Dr. Duma will then be testing what he takes out to confirm his suspicions that it is not cancer. I wish I could get the surgery tomorrow to have it over with, but I have a lot of "pre-op" appointments and this week will be busy.

Needless to say, the day has been overwhelming and I quickly ran to Dr. Mahdavi's office to let them know how the MRI went and that I will be having surgery next Tuesday. He was very reassuring and told me that the will be there daily to check on me and make sure that I am recovering well.

I know that a lot of you have been wondering how the day went, but I needed some time to take all of this not-so-good news in and prepare myself for what is to come. I am anxious to get this out of my brain and be able to still go on my trips that I have planned. Thank you for your support.

Believe...Renee

3 comments:

  1. We all love you Renee. I'll
    be praying for you. We believe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee... We are praying for you and know that WE BELIEVE xoxoxo
    Love,
    Brit, Chris, Wyatt and Hudson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got your phone text and quickly went to the comp to read the news. What time is the surg? You know I love to get up at 4am so I'll be there WHENEVER it is. I work tuesday night so I'll get to be in the hospital the entire time you recover. I'm praying BIG prayers love- BIG ones. xoxo ~BELIEVE~ Kelli Snyder

    ReplyDelete