Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fun Friday!

I had a STAT CT chest scan and that was fast.I am special since i am stat..hehe. 25 minutes after i took it i got a call from my doctors office. They explain to me why the ct scan came out not well. It is showing that something is wrong with my lung even though i just had that scan 3 weeks ago!! The left lung tumor is about 1 cm bigger. The past week i have had a weird cough, hard to breathe and also pain exactly where i was getting radiation on that lung. They gave me an order to get a STAT Pet scan and i get that on monday. Then after this i was told to go and see Dr. Peter Chen, my amazing radiation oncologist, to discuss lung issues. When i first started the radiation on my lung my doctor of course explained to me what could happen. Then of course now i am have pneumonitis.. This is what it is;
Treatment-related pneumonitis is a sign of lung injury, when there is inflammation of your lungs. This may be due to chemotherapy, or radiation therapy. It is very similar to pulmonary toxicity. Pneumonitis commonly occurs 2 to 3 months after radiation to the chest area. It may also develop after chemotherapy that caused lung injury, or lung (pulmonary) toxicity.
Good news right! I think no matter what i am ok. My doctor was saying that steroids will help the lung but i told him i will wait till after the surgery cause Dr. Duma, brain doctor, gives me steroids for my brain.It will work for it all! Anyway sorry if this seems over whelming but my day yesterday was crazy! I still feel ok and very strong! Either way i am going to be doing sooo well! The pressure is going to be gone and i will be getting better soon! I believe and know i am going to kick all these issues butt! Thanks for your support!! I will write before the exciting day!! BELIEVE!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Renee, you will be in my thoughts on Tuesday! We both know that you are in amazing hands with Dr. Duma. My Gamma Knife went great on Monday and I just KNOW your surgery is going to go seamlessly on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete