Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Last appointment with Dr. Chen

Seeing Dr. Chen, my radiation oncologist, today was wonderful. I normally see him every Wednesday to talk about my progress and if i have any complications. Out of all the 6 weeks i have only had a little bit of a problems with swallowing and my red skin. Today was 28 out of 31, 3 times left!!I feel very lucky to not have too much to complain about. We did talk about my raw and red skin today.I think it looks pretty gross but i am taking care of it really well. He mentioned me not laying out in the sun for at least a year on my chest!! Oh my goodness!! A year!! How can i not lay out in the sun for another year and miss out on next summer... "I wear sun screen ya know" this is what i told him. He did say be careful and to realize how sensitive my chest and upper back will be. I will take it as it comes and need to stay positive and not worry about laying out. What i need to concentrate on is kicking this stupid cancers butt!! I believe it is happening! Thanks all for your support!
Hope you all enjoy Roman Cucina starting next week. Remember every Tuesday of August at any of their restaurants. Bring the flyer in with you.... Romancucina.com

No comments:

Post a Comment