Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Warrior Here!


On Monday I went to Dr. Mahdavi's office to get my blood taken and to get orders for my first CT scan. My blood results came out wonderful and I am some what normal. I was lucky enough to get an appointment for my scan the same day. I was very anxious to take the scan because it would be able to tell if the chemo is working or not. My next appointment to see the doctor was today, Wednesday the 15th. I knew I had a couple days to sit and wonder how the results were going to come out. Since I have started my treatment, the pain and also the coughing is gone. I have been able to run after all my kids without being out of breath too! I was feeling very positive about the results even with the anxiety. My mother and I went to my doctors this morning with my mind going crazy. Knowing that this mass was 9*13 cm (4 by 6 inches) before, I was wondering how much did it kill or how much of the mass did I kill?? The results.....are AMAZING!!! The mass is now 2.6*2.8 cm (1 by 1 1/2 inc)!!! Wow what a decrease!! I knew it, I felt it, I BELIEVED!!!! The next step is i go back in Monday the 20th for another round of chemo just to kill it more or even have it disappear! Then after that I need to see both my cancer doctor and surgeon to decide what is next. I am hoping to just do the surgery when I am done. More than 2 1/2 weeks and we will know! I am so happy about these results!! Thank you all for being so wonderful and supportive!

6 comments:

  1. That is the BEST NEWS!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear the news. You are such a fighter and the chemo will kill this tumor. Hope to talk with you/see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great News, Renee!! That is awesome - keep doing what you are doing because it's WORKING :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing news. Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete