Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm home


So my counts finally got high enough and not had a fever in 2 days so i was discharged from the hospital on Friday. Thank goodness for that blood transfusion and those shots that get my bones to start producing white blood cells. I have a simple cough and cold but they are not worried about that. It is so nice to be at home. Even though it is really nice to be monitored and pampered at the hospital there is no place like home.. Sometimes i do say there is no place like HOAG. I always have such a great experience there no matter how sick i get. I actually look forward to going back next weekend to kill this stupid cancer! My doctor is giving me this week off to build my immune system back up. I have an appointment with him on Tuesday where he will check my counts to make sure i am on track. From there i may go back and get rechecked and if I'm lucky a possible ct scan to see if the chemo is working. He feels that it may be to early to check but i know this stupid cancer is dying fast! Plan is i return to the hospital next weekend to start round 2 of chemo. We are not wasting any time! I realized today my hair is falling out!! I barely grab it and it comes right out. It is so interesting to me how that happens. I knew it would only take 2 weeks for it to fall all the way out. It is a little cold but i have beanies and scarves that keep my head warm. I'm feeling well and very positive with all your great love and support! Thank you all again for that. Believe...

No comments:

Post a Comment