Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!


Sorry it has been a couple of days since my last update. So here is what is going on! I finished chemo on Wednesday 3/11 and by Friday 3/13 my counts DROPPED! I started getting my shots to boost my immune system a couple times a day. It takes a while before that starts to kick in and I am still waiting. My heart rate has been super high :( and I have had a fever every night so I am in isolation. That means no yummy fruits and veggies, no flowers in my room, no physical contact and I can't even brush my teeth (don't worry, I am rinsing). My whole body aches because my bone marrow is working extra hard to make more white blood cells and I get IB Prophren for the pain. My nose has been bleeding and I cough up blood which is not so fun. I am doing breathing treatment every four hours and at night I sleep pretty good.I get hot flashes every once in a while from when they put my ovaries to sleep and then all of a sudden I am super cold. Every hour is something new at this point. I got a blood transfusion on Sunday 3/15 to boost my immune system and I am hoping that will kick in soon so I can get the hell out of here. My spirits are high and I so appreciate all of the kind messages on my guest book. It really means so much to me. Thank you so much for the support!! Happy St.Patty's Day!

B E L I E V E

2 comments:

  1. Hey Renee! So sorry to hear your counts are still down!! I guess that means the chemo is doing its job...gotta kill the good with the bad! You are so strong, stay positive....you have a whole posse who now BELIEVE because you inspired them! See you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep fighting, Renee! You're in my thoughts every day. XO

    ReplyDelete