Friday, March 20, 2009

Coming Home!

So I just got the orders from my doc that I can come home!! Yeah! I have a pretty crappy cold but I am doing okay. My scalp is starting to hurt like my hair wants to fall out so I am getting my head shaved again by my favorite hairstylist Audrey :). I am going to have a week off at home and then it is back to the hospital for another set of treatments and recovery.
So my friend that helped put the web site together got a pretty disturbing call today and I just want to clarify where the donations that so many FRIENDS have been sending in are going. My medical insurance, co pays, medications, car payments, car insurance, phone bills and all other things that everyday jobs would pay for don't disappear just because I have cancer. These donations help me pay for all of the things that everyone else has jobs for. I have had so many kind hearted people offer to put money together for vacations to lift my spirits and even money for me to get my eyebrows tattooed and it really is shocking that someone has the time to question my motives. I want to say THANK YOU again for all of those who have chosen to donate time, money, services and auction items. It truly is amazing to have such kind hearted friends. Thank you again!

2 comments:

  1. Your hairstylist rocks ;) I love you and I can't wait to see you again! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Questioning where money donated is going is demeaning to those, whom out of the goodness of their heart have donated. There are always doubters and trouble makers, even when we are ill there are still there lurking, looking to cause further grief.

    Though we may be ill we have something far greater, far more meaningful, we are blessed with empathy, something no amount of money can buy.

    Forget the trouble makers, concentrate on getting well and allow others to be blessed, by blessing you.

    ReplyDelete