Monday, June 15, 2009

Plans are set..


Went to see my radiation doctor, Dr. Chen, today to start the radiation process. We discussed that i will be doing 31 sessions of radiation. Which ends up to be 6 weeks and 1 day since i will be going in Monday through Friday. Today i was scanned,marked up and i go back in on Thursday to get my tattoos. Then on Friday i start number 1 out of 31! So happy to get this started! Something new and exciting right. I am a little anxious to see how if any side effects will effect my daily life. I know i should live day to day but it is always in the back of my mind. I did mention this to my doctor and with laughter he said you have had your brain and pelvic area radiated and you are anxious about this. Yeah i felt stupid haha! After this appointment i went and saw Dr. Mahdavi to get some blood work and discuss what to do during radiation. My counts were good so i do not have to get any more shots thank goodness! During radiation i need to get my blood taken once a week and see the doctor once a month. Not too bad i say!All of this is a full time job to me. I will update more as the radiation starts to let you all know how i am feeling and my thoughts of course. Thanks again for your support! Believe!

1 comment:

  1. You've got the greatest outlook going into this, Nae! I'm so proud of you. I believe!!

    ReplyDelete