Friday, June 12, 2009

Hives..


At the hospital i did the same routine. I finish my chemo and then the blood levels drop and i get my shots and blood transfusions. As weak as i was, i always get excited to know i am receiving blood. It makes me feel like a new person in hours. Amazing i tell ya! For the first time ever i broke out into hives while receiving my first unit out of 2 units of blood. It scared me at first but after i was given benedryl in the vein not only did the hives go away, it knocked me straight to sleep. Then as i woke up i could already feel some energy once again. My white blood count kept on dropping lower and lower each day even with the shots that i have received. I think my body is just overwhelmed with being poisoned so much. Though today which is Friday i was excited to see my counts went up and tiny bit. I convinced Dr. Mahdavi, my fabulous doctor, to send me home and promised that i would be a good girl this weekend by staying in. I do have to go to the day hospital on Saturday and Sunday to get shots for my white blood cells. This is my chance to get outside around people since it is dangerous to be out with low counts but i am putting myself on house arrest till i get checked on Monday. Also on Monday i have an apportionment with radiation to start things up. I see the doctor and also they start the markings for the radiation. I will find out too when i start the actual radiation and how long it will be for. I am very happy and excited how fast all this is going. One thing after the other. I am staying strong and positive! Just kicking this stupid cancer butt! also thank you all again for your support! Also a big Thanks to the Warfest benefit for donating money to me by sponsors; Blue Ice Vodka, One Hope Wine and Fccancerfoundation.com !!! You guys are all amazing! Everyone should check out that site!!! Believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment