Friday, August 14, 2009

news


Yesterday was not a fun filled day! I had my first appointment with Dr. Mahdavi to go over scans and chemo. From the scan i took on monday it showed that the mass has increased in size! What in the world happened!! i just did 6 weeks of radiation and it grew.. I was shocked. So he wanted a PET scan to see if the larger mass was just the cancer or it could just be swollen from the radiaiton. I hope that it is just swollen from being zapped! They made a stat PET scan and was scheduled after the appointments. Then we talked about admitting me in this Sunday for chemo. So happy to start round 5 of chemo! One thing i am worried about is that my lung is burned so how does it heal when i have no immune system. The doctor said i will be ok and that i will be taken care of in the hospital. Hmmmm that did not make me feel that safe. As always Dr. Mahdavi makes me feel that no matter what happens he will help me kick my cancers ass! i love him! I had my blood taken and everything is ok other than my platelets are low. After that i went down and saw Dr. Chen, my radiation oncologist. He saw the crappy results from ct scan. He wants to look at all other scans and the PET scan to see what is going on. He feels that the radiation is working and it is just swollen. The radiation still works for about a month after the last day of treatment. Soon i will find out what they both believe what is going on. I can not explain how stressed out i was! Then after the PET scan i was able to look at the picture Where the lung is you can see the tumor but it is very light yellow. This means it is not aggressive cancer!! YEAH I BELIEVE!!!!! I will update when i find out all results from the doctors. I will be at Hoag again for a couple of weeks and will try to update my status. Thanks for all your thoughts,prayers and support!!! BELIEVE

1 comment:

  1. hi there, you dont know me...I am a friend of erin bellanca. I just wanted to say i think you are an inspiration! i am amazed by your strength!...and i'm so sorry you have to go through this. i am going to donate to your fund and I hope it goes straight to a mani/pedi when you get out of the hospital! : ) ~amy

    ReplyDelete