Friday, August 28, 2009

I am back Home!!


So sorry i have not been able to update everyone on my 5th round of chemotherapy. I have no access to the Internet there at Hoag. I will figure out how to update in the hospital once again during the 6th round. On Sunday I started my chemo right away and finished Friday night of round 5. During this week i was feeling ok and did not vomit at all. I was eating well but i did have major stomach and digestive issues. It is always hard to digest the food i eat while going through the treatment. I have figured out a couple of things to help like drink ginger root tea, drink apple juice ,walk and eat tons of fruit to help my stomach. That weekend when i finished, my body was in tons of pain because im off the steroids and chemo. My bones , muscles and my skin felt like they were on fire and stiff. Saturday I started to get 2 shots a day to help my white blood count go up. This makes my pelvic throbe so bad because it was working so hard to make it happen. I had to take potassium pills too since it was low and i hate swallowing them cause they are so huge!! I had to take them for 4 days or so. Around Tuesday my counts dropped really low even with the 2 shots a day! My hemoglobin went down really low also so i had to get 2 units of blood. For some reason i started breaking out in bumps on my face and back. We were thinking it was just from all the chemicals i have been on. I also starting getting some pressure headaches. I tried to take some Motrin to help but it really did not do anything for me. The next day after all this i still felt like crap. I also had a stuffed nose,headache and a red sore throat. That day i drank plenty of fluids and relaxed which ended up helping me out alot. It is amazing how i can feel so crappy then the next couple hours i am feeling well. That is why when i go through these crappy times i relax and meditate the pain away. I let it go and know that everything will be ok. It takes patience, positive thoughts and i believe that in no time i will be back to normal! So i walked plenty of hot laps and also watch movies. Since that day i was feeling much better even though i was neutropenic for the next 3 days. As soon as all my counts were back to normal i was discharged which was this morning. I am out and so happy to breathe fresh air! This weekend i have to go to the cancer day hospital to get my shot for my white blood cells and also hydration. Then on Monday i go to Mahdavis office to get my blood taken to see if I'm doing well. Then from there i will be able to enjoy some time off till Sept 8 for round 6! I will update more as the week goes by. Sorry if i do not make sense. My brain is a little tired..hehe. Thanks everyone for you support and patience!! Believe!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment