Thursday, May 21, 2009

It all happens for a reason..

Today is my benefit day!!! This is how my day started ,my surgeon called me at 745 am to let me know that i will never have lung surgery. We were hoping when the mass shrunk that he would be able to take out the upper lobe but, which the location of the mas still it is too dangerous. It is wrapped up with my pulmonary artery and the whole surgery could probably kill me. So my only option is medical treatment only. We have not decided on if i am going to do radiation alone,chemo alone or both together. Dr. Mahdavi and my radiation oncologist Dr. Chen will have to come up with a regiment on what is next. I hope to hear back from either of them in the next day or so. At first i did not know how i felt about these news. Though now as i think about it i am very thankful for having such wonderful doctors! Also i don't need to have my chest broken into and i get to keep my whole left healthy lung!!!! This all happens for a reason and i am ready to do whatever i need to do! I will kill this no matter what! Stupid Cancer!!!!
Hope to see you all there tonight! Thank you all for your support and patience. Believe

1 comment:

  1. Renee, what a great benefit!!! So many great raffle and auction items. I won three raffles!!! And I'm hoping I win one of the silent auction items... waiting for the call.

    You are such an amazing gal. Hope you had a blast last night. Julie

    ReplyDelete