Monday, February 8, 2010

Our Beautiful Angel Watches Over Us

This morning at 3:45 am, Renee passed very peacefully in her sleep. She was surrounded by people that love her and we told her how much we loved her every second. She was very peaceful and in no pain and as a dear friend of ours said, she beat this stupid cancer. It lays on this earth and she is free from it high above us, watching over us.
After we all gave her our love we all sat together in the waiting room and watched the sun rise over the mountains. We then pushed her IV pole around for our last lap with her and nurses that knew and love Renee joined us along the way.
It is so difficult not to be angry when we feel so shorted by the loss of our friend, daughter, sister and love but remember that she is at peace now and will never suffer again. She is so beautiful and has touched us all so deeply and there will never be a day that she isn't in our hearts and minds. All of Nae Nae's kids will continue to grow up knowing who she was and what they meant to her. Every time a special song comes on or the scent of Jans or Thai food will make us remember. Every silly "raccoon" moment that we have will make us smile at the thought of what she gave to us. She gave us strength, courage, the true meaning of friendship, loyalty, passion, fight, stubbornness, love and she truly made us understand how short life is.
Thank you,
Audrey

14 comments:

  1. We were blessed to have you in our lives... We will miss you and remember you forever. You put up a good fight! We love you Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, you were a hero of mine and I'll miss the hell out of you.

    Your cousin,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you Renee. How lucky we all are to have you as our Angel, always watching over us. Until we meet again, our dear friend.

    Believing always,
    Jen & Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember Renee is at peace and watching over us all.
    She gave us all much on this earth and through her we have learned some lessons in our life.
    She worked in the office with me at Sowers Middle School many years ago and we became friends.
    Thanks for this blog as I looked many times each day keeping you all in prayers and positive thoughts.
    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. You tought me how life was meant to be lived! I will love you forever. I will always BELIEVE, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee,

    You came to me at the perfect moment in time. I was angry at the world and hated that my best friend and soul mate had this horrible disease...then you stepped in. How could I be angry, when you had been fighting for years with such a grace? You gave me not only the gift of your beautiful friendship, you taught me so many life lessons! You showed us all that life was about living and to treasure each moment and you have inspired us to be better friends. You are in my heart forever, I love you !

    Mary Fowler

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love you renee... you are always in my heart.

    crystal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Renee, I couldn't sleep last night, You were constantly on my mind and I had a feeling you were on your way to the angels.I got up several times and looked out into the night sky here in Australia.
    You packed so much into your short life, and you have taught so many of us that life is for living. You won the battle. I will always Believe.
    I love you Renee Benson......
    Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are at peace. God be with your family, friends, those who love you most.... and last but not least, yourself. You are an inspiration and a hearo to me and so many. You will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "The stars are with the voyager, wherever they may sail..."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Renee,

    I only came to follow your blog a short time ago via fck cancer. Although I never had the pleasure of meeting you, your courage was quickly an inspiration. My uncle was diagnosed with cancer in December 2009 and I looked to your courage for hope. He lost his battle Jan 14 2010 and it was your courage that gave me comfort. Although our paths never crossed, I always believed your courage would guide you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love you so much i am going to miss you i no u are in a better place now and watching over me and my little bryson that i wished so bad and i no u did to to meet him .. i love u and u are in my heart forever i looked up to u cause u were like a big sister to me ... a huge part of my family and a big part in my brother jasons life...i love u renee

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is the best blog ever.
    its been the most incredible thing i've ever read....
    Renee is better now and with friends..
    be at peace,xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow this story really brought me to tears. I 'm an Ovarian Cancer Survior. It is a fight that your friends and family go fight with you. I couldn't have done it alone. God Bless of you that helped Renee. She is a beautiful Angel and I hope that when I go to the gates of Heaven I can meet this beatiful Angel that you all speak of.

    ReplyDelete